The h2g2 Post 26.08.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 26th August 2013

Listen to the Music

Naval Ocean Surveillance Satellites

...and she's buying a stairway to heaven...

Ever feel that way, when you look up at the stars? Like you'd just like to climb up and up and up...? Maybe it's the late summer nights – at least, the clear ones – but it seems like the warm weather, and the lightning bugs, make you want to get lost in that vastness out there. Maybe stick out your electronic thumb and snag a ride somewhere...

Have you been stargazing? Galaxy Babe has, and she'll tell us about it in this month's 'Babe Among the Stars'. Our eyes have been on the skies a lot, lately, what with the wave-at-Cassini initiative and such. While we watch, we listen, too: this week, our contributors continue to tell us what kind of music moves them, in answer to the August Create Challenge. There are still a few more days to get your submission in!

Awix and benjaminpmoore are back with news about films and job-hunting, in that order, and Willem's showing us another hornbill. He says that's another creature we can't have too many of, and we believe him. It's awesome. There's the usual snarkiness, of course.

As you get ready for back-to-school, or back-to-fall, keep h2g2 in mind. There are lots of things you can be writing about – from soup to nuts, and everything in between.

Enjoy yourselves out there, and keep writing!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BORN TO BE WILD
  • A silvery-cheeked hornbill.
  • .


WILD THING


 


CECELIA


 
  • St Cecelia, patron of music.
  • An Irish bouzouki.
IT SEEMS I'VE HEARD THAT SONG BEFORE

STAIRWAY TO THE STARS
  • A roadside cafe.
  • .

  • A space soundtrack.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87804949

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more