April Songs: Answers

0 Conversations

Singing our hearts out, here.

April Songs: Answers

A Japanese geisha carries a parasol.

April showers bring out the torch singer in practically everybody. How well did you do with the lyrics? Don't worry, the karaoke bar has a teleprompter.

Here are the answers.

  1. 'So if it's raining, have no regrets, because it isn't raining rain, you know, it's raining violets'.   April Showers.
  2. 'Sometimes it snows in April.' According to Prince, anyway.
  3. 'April, come she will.' So sing Simon and Garfunkel.
  4. 'April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom. ..' Yeah, and holiday tables under the trees.
  5. 'April Love is for the very young. ' Pat Boone sang that. Go ahead and laugh, he was young once. (In the Middle Ages.)
  6. 'Well, life's a train that goes from February on day by day. . .' Rufus Wainwright, April Fools.
  7. 'I'll remember April and be glad.' Hear it in your local lounge.
  8. 'April is a cruel time, even though the sun may shine. . . ' Thus Deep Purple, who probably stole it from TS Eliot.
  9. 'It was on April the 16th day, in spite of a long and muddy way, we landed safe in Corinth Bay, all on the route to Shiloh.' US Civil War song. We can think of better things to do in April than shoot at each other, right?
  10. 'It's really coming down, raining cats and hounds. Canadian singer Ron Sexsmith, in April After All.

How many did you know? Practice your favourites in the shower, then try them on your friends at open mic night. And pass the quiz along.

The wooden handles of umbrellas curling out of an umbrella stand.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

08.04.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87790297

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more