No-plant, Dig-only: Cold Dressing

0 Conversations

The NO-PLANT, DIG-ONLY vegetable garden methodology has liberated my freezer and fridge from their horticultural storage duties and hence the accommodation is now a little too ample for my six cans of lager and year old bag of frozen peas.

.

I have therefore decided to optimize the space by converting them into summer wardrobes.


On a hot summer day, what better way to stay cool than popping open the freezer and pulling out a fresh shirt, some cool socks and a frosty pair of boxer shorts. Although I must warn you, make sure you leave any intimate direct skin-contact clothing standing at room temperature for at least ten minutes, failure may cause a slight burning sensation, followed by frost bite and in extreme cases bits may even drop of.


Bachelors, forget the “do you want to see my etchings line”, a cool wardrobe has a lot more pulling power, but make sure you don’t ask your guests to help themselves to a drink, as the sight of an old pair of torn socks next to the sparkling white may not be the best mood setting experience. Instead, offer them a nice glass of red, pop on a fresh pair of freezer-shorts and ask if they fancy something cold.


I must warn any would-be Romeo that cold garments may cause contraction, hence be prepared for some disappointed looks or heavy laughter. The latter may also lead to extreme blushing, and as vacuum-packed thawing is an exhausting experience you may end up so attired that you are to bloody knackered.


The newest fridges can sense what type of food they are housing and will automatically send an order via internet when running low. Make sure you turn this feature off, otherwise you may come home to some very embarrassing deliveries, besides who’s going to want to eat a union jack coloured trifle that looks like a jockstrap anyhow.


Some features can be very useful, especially if you are away from home, a quick text message and your available apparel appears on your mobile phone. After a few weeks mine adapted itself to my tastes and nowadays it not only advises me on what to wear but even at which temperature .


In fact it is getting so good at it that I have become quite a popular discussion with the ladies, although I suspect that they are only really interested in my Sleeveless Airtight shirts and Push-Pop Trousers. For the girls, I hear it also does a very good line in Frigid Tupperware and Padded See-through Zipper Bags.


So boys and girls follow my NO-PLANT, DIG-ONLY example and turn a boring vegetable garden into a cool dressing experience, and you will always have somewhere to keep your beer cold.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87758464

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more