The Moon

1 Conversation

The moon is the earth’s closet natural neighbor. The size of this satellite is roughly larger than the country of Brazil and the distance from the earth is more than can be achieved by a Volkswagen bug on a full tank of gas. Speaking of gas, the Moon does not have an atmosphere. This tends make the first 32 seconds of a moon stay uncomfortable for most oxygen-breathers who are unprepared for this condition. After that time, the body tends to develop its own way of dealing with a lack of atmosphere (see explosive decompression). In it’s history the moon has been blamed for a number of different phenomena such as: Insanity (lunacy), Tides, Earthquakes, Werewolves, and the Spice Girls. Under normal conditions the moon will orbit the earth once every lunar month (q.e.d.) and will spin on its axis so that it constantly shows the same side, earth relative. Due to a lower mass, slower rotation and a number of other tricky scientific things, lunar gravity is about 1/6 of that of the earth. This will allow future Lunar colonists to be morbidly obese and yet still be comfortable. The moon is also the most exclusive human country club as less than 20 people have been allowed to walk on its surface.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A86212

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more