The Tingling Feeling

1 Conversation

It is a truth universally acknowledged that every song in want of an audience will find a root into our hearts. Whether a song causes you to cry or you beam with happiness there is always an element with those few tracks that make you 'tingle'.

The Tingle

The 'tingle' is where you feel a rush of anticipation, a moment where the breath is drawn into your chest and it doesn't want to let go. The feeling where you can feel the music go from head to toe and back again, all from a small riff, a simple stum of the bass, the lyrics to the tune or the simple arrangement of notes. An almost electric feeling.

For this Researcher the two songs she knows for certain brings a tingle top to toe, are the introduction to 'Like Everyone She Knows' by James Taylor and 'In My Life' by The Beatles. Why do they make her tingle? She has no idea, but on hearing these tracks she can feel her heart in her throat.

Bubbling Emotions

Some pieces are so emotive they can provoke the unleashing of specific feelings to specific people.

Happiness

Happiness is

Sadness

Love

How many times have you been talking to a coupled up friend and they tells them as the radio blares out the latest hit or the most sappy of love songs, that 'this is our song'.

  1. 'Grow Old With Me' by John Lennon
  2. 'Can't Take My Eyes Off of You' by Franki Valli
  3. 'Unforgettable' by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
  4. 'As Time Goes By' by Dooley Wilson
  5. 'When I Fall in Love' by Young and Heyman (Nat King Cole)
  6. 'My Funny Valentine' by Rodgers and Hart
  7. 'Love Me Tender' by Elvis Presley
  8. 'Moon River' by Andy Williams
  9. 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police
  10. 'Unchained Melody' by Roy Orbison
  11. 'Something' by Beatles

These are some of the most requested songs at weddings.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A847820

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more