A Conversation for God as a Creation of Mankind

Okay, I Quess

Post 1

havaco

It's a nice argument but it conflicts with 98% or so of human race. If you want people to hate you than you did it right.

The scientific part could have it's own topic though. (the mind and stimuli)


Okay, I Quess

Post 2

havaco

I want to argue with you for a moment.

You say that our mind makes a model of reality. Mabey your model is the inacurate model. Mabey everyone elses model is inacurate.

(Don't say this is wrong because I can keep saying that above)


Okay, I Quess

Post 3

Ménalque

Havaco,

I'd be glad to debate this at some later point. However, there are two main problems at the moment:

Firstly: I think you mistyped your argument, you don't seem to disagree (please correct me if I am wrong)

Secondly: At the moment my main concern for the article is to try and get it through PR, and I'd like to keep the threads (for the moment) focused on how to improve the article. I am willing to debate these issues, but in other threads if that's ok. Go to my PS to find the philosophical conversations I am involved in.

Glad you're intrested in the subject matter.smiley - smiley

blub-blub


Okay, I Quess

Post 4

havaco

Your theroy (sorry about spelling) says that the mind makes models by stimuli. Well, mabey everyone else's model is semi right (I'm not going to say perfect) and yours is wrong. Tell me how I'm wrong?


Okay, I Quess

Post 5

Ménalque

"Your theroy"

Ok, its not *my* theory, representative realism is (fairly) common as a theory.

"mabey everyone else's model is semi right (I'm not going to say perfect) and yours is wrong."

I would like to stress that I (and probably most people considering the subject) would not go as far as to say any mental model was 'wrong', just probably inaccurate.

We can't be certain of he 'real' world, and so we *create* models based on the inputs we recieve from it. It is these models we experience, so any experience of a god is an experience of our own model of that god, which is *our* creation, however accurate at representing 'reality' it is, as we have no direct knowledge of 'reality'.

Blub-blub


Okay, I Quess

Post 6

Ménalque

Oh, and

"it conflicts with 98% or so of human race"

I'd like to think more than 2% are open-minded agnostics, with no definite beliefs for the theories to conflict with.

"If you want people to hate you than you did it right."

A rather pessemistic view on the nature of humans, that they *hate* those that have differing beliefs to their own. I hope we live in a rather more tolerant society than that (unless your American, I guess...smiley - tongueout)

blub-blub


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more