Pubs Cardiff The Maltsters Arms

0 Conversations

The Maltsters Arms
A pub in Llandaf. The home of the 'Dragons Golf Society' and 'Big Horses inc.'

Residing on the corner of Ely Road and Cardiff road in Llandaf, Cardiff, this friendly pub welcomes visitors from all areas. The pub is split onto two floors. The Bar is downstairs, with an entrance directly from Cardiff road. The lounge is upstairs, and isn't really worth visiting unless you are a posh person, or there is karaoke in the bar.

The atmosphere in the Malsters is usually dictated by the mishaps of the regulars. A happy evening is one where at least two of the patrons humiliate themselves in full view of the other customers. Paul Rees is a safe bet along with his 'mucker' Jonathan Barker. If you ask another regular 'Geordie John' about the time Paul phoned Sally, expect fireworks. John can be found by the golf machine on most evenings if you're feeling brave.

The big Horse society was founded inadvertantly by Jake, after he had been a little overzealous in Jonathan Barker's kitchen, with a lady of slightly large build. Having pulled the freezer in the way of the door to prevent entry by, well, anyone really his plan was scuppered by Paul Seawood who wasn't going to be stopped by a large houshold appliance. Jake was caught red handed climbing into the saddle hence 'The Big Horse Society' was founded.

Steven 'Oscar' Hoskins continued this inadvertant shenanigans after a visit to Peaky's abode one evening. He was ejected from Richard Peak's flat due to his inhebriation and incoherence on a Saturday in early September 2002. He left determined to find 'some big horse to ride'. A lady who may or may not work at the hostelry he ended up in, was given the full doings. Dressage, Cross country, you name it. A very embarrassing incident ensued but the details may be libelous if printed here. You may like to ask him about it if you ever pay us a visit. Once again, only do this if your feeling brave or suicidal. See also entry entitled 'Big Horses'.

The Malsters as stated at the top of the page is also the home of the 'Dragons Golf Society'. 'Geordie John' plays golf every now and then.




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A836110

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more