irony of kebabs

2 Conversations

Irony. A club for metal workers(only if you work in plastics)

Irony is and will always be one thing.Something that has dogged me for these past 10 years.When I was younger I worked in a Jazz nightclub as the sound guy seven nights a week.When I got off the only place to eat was this 24 hour Kebab shop.

Owned by these brothers (24 of them) or so it seemed.One for each hour.Anyway they were the best.I'd hang out with all the bums ,cops,
prose and cons.The local midnight set for a chicken with extra all
but no tabuli(sticks in my teeth)

In 1991 I came to Japan for a two week stay.A wife two kids and 12 years later I;m still here (irony in itself)

The first year was the hardest but what I really needed was a Kebab fix.I gave up smoking(a couple of things!)I started sleeping earlier
(like 2am not 8am) my life was changing but I couldn't get this K thingy out of my head.

After a year I could take no more.I Jumped a plane for sydney. Home of the worlds best Kabab! I only took the time to drop my bags off and then I was off like a shot.Down the street,into a cab,traffic too slow,gotta run ,the final corner and there it is......................a Japanese takeout!! Irony s#;?s!!!

The brothers had (after 24 years)returned to Lebanon for (I might add)'a peacful life'. the bums ,the proes and the cons were still there as well as drunks runnaways and homeless but the local police were all arrested for dealing in drugs and other no-no's Irony ,irony, irony!

I don't know if this helps anyone understand but I have used this to teach my students(I teach English in Japan)to understand it. Ain't that the final irony!(not a Kebab in town!) Stanlyism.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A815780

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more