A Conversation for Spoiler Page for Angel the TV series

Theories about Doyle

Post 1

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

Assuming knowledge about the second half of season one here


Theories about Doyle

Post 2

Detective Armani

Well personally, i miss Doyle and hope for his return at some point. We should have him back and get rid of bland and blander!! (Gunn and Fred)


Theories about Doyle

Post 3

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

hi armarni, nice to see you.



spoliers for season 3







i havent seen season 3 but from what little i have heard and seen i have to agree with you. gunn i thought had great potential, but they seem to have utterly wasted the character. i dont really know enough about fred to judge, but it does seem like she is there only for eye candy.


i read a great fanfic where wesley and doyle ended up together despite the fact that doyle was a ghost at the time! i love fanfic!


it would nice though to see the dead PTB resurect doyle. but what would happen between him and cordelia? on the one had she seems to be getting over doyle now, after allm she didnt know him *that* long. on the other hand she is now part deamon like he is.

FABT


Theories about Doyle

Post 4

Detective Armani

Further spoilers....


Not only is she part demon now, but she has ascended to a a higher plain due to her being all selfless and stuff. Just as she was about to tell Angel she loved him too. Let`s face it, that was never gonna work anyway. Or have the writers found an implausible way to get round the whole curse thing? Who knows??


Theories about Doyle

Post 5

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

rats, i still havent seen season three. could you tell me what happened at the end. all i have heard is very vauge bits

sounds like a bit of a plot device to me


Theories about Doyle

Post 6

Detective Armani

In the last episode, Cordelia becomes a higher being close to that of a PTB, the host leaves for Vegas, Wesley is estranged from the gang after taking infant Angel`s son in order to protect him ( but ends up in him being taken to a hell dimension) and Angel is in a metal coffin at the bottom of the ocean. He was put there by his son because he thinks Angel killed Holtz. Holtz was the vampire killer from days of old who came to the future with the help of a demon to kill Angel. Angel and Darla killed his family and he wanted revenge. So that leaves Fred and Gunn on their own in the hotel. How do they get out of this one??


Theories about Doyle

Post 7

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

totally brilliant! *bounces* angel at the bottom of the ocean! perfect. i wonder how long joss can get away with leaving there?! i bet spike will think that is highly amusing.....if the two shows are ever allowed to cross over again.

if cordy is a higher being........does she have really cool powers? or just a new hairdo...or is it one of those things like with spike at the end of seaon 6 where you see something has happened but then the credits roll before you find out anything significant? thanks for the summary.

FABT


Theories about Doyle

Post 8

Detective Armani

Of couse they leave us hanging with it. We only get to see her rise up in a brilliant glow and then she`s gone. It`ll be interesting to see exactly what her knew role involves.

I`d love to see some more Buffy/Angel crossovers. So much has happened in both series. The best thing would be to see how left out Gunn and Fred would be coz they know nothing about any of the scooby gang.
Spike would have a field day with the Angel in a box thing. The whole "daddy" thing too, come to think of it.


Theories about Doyle

Post 9

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i've just been watching season 2 again. (buufy, not angel)

and there's that whole thing where spike is in the wheel chair and angel is angelus. the tension between them and also drusilla is wonderful. i love that bit wher angel leans in really close to spike and you think he is going to do something really nasty and then he just kisses his forehead instead.

and the one that was one this week where dru has that reallly cute dog (miss sunshine or something) who she keeps for the whole episode without eating it. i was really suprised, i half expected it to come to a rather sticky on screen end.

FABT


Theories about Doyle

Post 10

Detective Armani

I love that episode too. Spike`s face is a picture when Dru is trying to get him to eat the puppy! That`s the one where Angel kills Miss Calender isn`t it? Poor Giles. The whole romantic set-up thing at Giles place was very cruel.


Theories about Doyle

Post 11

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

yes it was. poor giles. still, he does seem to have more sex than any one else in the series. jenny, olivia, joyce (twice) plus his dark and dangerous past involving ethan rayne and the rocky horror show..........


Theories about Doyle

Post 12

Detective Armani

I got a bit of a shock when i caught him in an episode of Boon last week too. It`s no wonder he keeps his past hiddensmiley - laugh


Theories about Doyle

Post 13

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

smiley - laugh

the things that can be found in tv archives! do you think that tv stars bribe tv companies to destroy the incriminating evidence?


Theories about Doyle

Post 14

Detective Armani

I think they`d like to believe that they could. It usually doesn`t work though. Look at all the nude pics of Gillian Anderson that came out after the XF success. There`s lots of money to be made off stars ib their pre-stardom years.


Theories about Doyle

Post 15

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

true.

it's amazing the dodgy things that turn up when people least expect them.

note to self.......never become famous.


Theories about Doyle

Post 16

Detective Armani

Seems like sound advice to mesmiley - biggrin

I`ve heard rumours that Angel is gonna be axed. Do you know anything about it?


Theories about Doyle

Post 17

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

smiley - yikes

not heard that. i would be terribly upset if they did. where on earth did you hear such a disturbing tail!

and can we kill them?


i cant wait to see series three.


and i want to know what is going to happen in series four. will wesley ever get back into the fold........or will he hook up with faith again and
start his own business?!

oh, that should go on the wesly page.....smiley - run


Theories about Doyle

Post 18

Detective Armani

I think he`ll save Angel from sleeping with the fishes and get back in that way. He`ll do it grudgingly of course. I wouldn`t like it to go the other way i.e. gets in with Lilah and co.

Back to the topic of this thread.....do you think Doyle`s accent is real? I do. I`ve been watching repeats of Rosanne and his American accent is pretty bad. You can still hear the Irish in it.


Theories about Doyle

Post 19

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i think bits of doyles accent were real. but i havent seen the start of season one for ages so i cant really remember

i think one of the reasons they got rid of him was becuase he showed angels accent up so badly in the flashbacks.



there was a thing on bbc 1 a few months ago called spooks and anthony stewart head was on it playing a guy with a cockney accent. to be precise he was playing a guy with spikes cockney accent. absolutely bloody hilarious.

i keep reading on the internet that mr head has been mr master's voice coach for the character of spike. i am now thoroughly convinced.

i nearly peed myself to be honest



oh, must go write an essay

smiley - run

FABT


Theories about Doyle

Post 20

Detective Armani

Grrr aargh!! Wish i`d seen that. Mind you, in real life, ASH isn`t half as posh as he puts on in Buffy. Watched the repeat of Graham Norton this week when they did the Poofy the Vampire Slayer sketch. Hilarious!smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more