Shoelaces

0 Conversations

You can tell a great deal about someone from their shoelaces. On a trivial level, for example, outdoor types often have little tiny bits of mud in their laces even after they've been cleaned...

This and other more perceptive observations have given rise to a new science, calling itself Ropology which aims to determine the relationship between the personality of the owner and the state of his shoelaces.

Though frowned upon by the mainstream scientific establishment, ropologists have followed the example of graphologists in publicising their potential to vet potential recruits for picky employers. Unknown to the interviewee, many companies now employ a trained ropologist to hide underneath the desk at interviews and take photographs and physical samples of the applicants laces, which are then meticulously analysed to determine whether his personality profile is suitable, and when he last stepped in dog s**t.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A80623

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more