The Delta-Pi Theory

0 Conversations

Author's note: This story is indeed based on a certain character featured in Star Trek. However, it is not it nor does it include its name any where here. Also, this story is far from being complete.

As I stood in front of the black board, I stood in shock. I could not realize I had finally understood the Delta-Pi Theory. I had just taken the Theory and made it in to a fact. I new I could only call one person, even though it was two in the morning.
"Hello, is Mr. Akly there please?"
"Who's calling" said Mr. Akly's wife.'
"It's Frank."
"Oh, hello, Frank. Just one moment. George! Wake up! Telephone!"
I heard a faint 'Who is it, dear?' in the distance.
"It's Frank!" responded Mrs. Akly.
"Hello?"
"George?"
"Who do you think it is, Santa Clause?"
"George, no time for sillyness. Get down to the office. I'll explain when you get here."
"Wait! Frank? Hello? Hello? He hung up, Margarrett." he said after she inquired why he was yelling.
"Oh."
"I have to go to the office. Good-bye."
"Bye"
'Common, George, get here. Traffic can't be too heavy at this hour of night.' "Ah. Finaly. I was begining to get worried. What took so long?"
"It's two o'clock in the...."
He trailed off as he looked at the chalk-board.
"That's why I called you, George. I have figured out the Delta-Pi Theory. The one we have been working on for the past 20 odd years."
"Have you tried it out yet?"
"No. I just finished it. Let's make sure all things fit."
"Ok, Frank."
We worked hard into the morning. For hours we tried new equasions to prove this one wrong but we couldn't. It was all correct.
"So, Frank, you say that Delta is equall to Pi only through X?"
"That's right."
"And X equalls M through Pi and Delta?"
"Right."
"So then if they all equall M and M is Matter and Anti-Matter then you can controll them and manipulate them through Delta, Pi and X."
"And so thus, you can do anything."
"My Sweet Lord, Frank. You've done it."
"Yes. I need a chemist."
"And I'm one."
"And that's why you're here."
"Ok, Frank. What do you want me to do?"
"I need you to do the following. This is the list of things and how to prepare it. I did it for myself since I know myself best. Here."
"I'll have it done in 2 days."
"Fantastic. And before you go, George, thank you."
"Hey. What are friends for?"
And with that, George left. Where to, I have no idea. 'I have to get some sleep. What time is it? Ten o'clock? Oh boy. I've got to get home. And got to rest. Ok. Go out the door. Lock up. Open my car door. Start the ignition. Step on the exelarator. Too much! Look out for the truck! Hey truck, get out of the way! Hey! Watch it! Keep on your side of the r-'

"Where am I?"
"Relax. Your in good hands. Your in the E. R. of the Clearview General Hospital. You suffered a fractured skull, half your body is broken, you had some internal bleeding and you just had major surgery. But, you'll live. What's your name?"
"Er, what? Oh. Frank. Frank Molindro."
"Ok. Any wife or kids?"
"No."
"Mother or father?"
"Both."
"Great. What's their telephone number?"
"264-555-5729"
"Thanks. Now, get some rest. I can give you a sedative if you want."
"Thanks."
I fell asleep in seconds. When I woke up, Mother and Father where by my bedside.
"Hey." I said. I tried to get up. I couldn't. I was in one of those full body casts you see those people in the movies in.
"It's ok. Lie down." said my mom.
"I don't have much of a choice, do I?"
They both laughed. I was glad to hear my voice was steady and even a bit funny.
"So, how long have I been asleep?" I asked.
"Well," said my father, "about a day. It's now quarter to ten. We got here a few hours ago. If your hungry, which I'm sure your not, we brought a bit of food for you."
"No thanks."
"You see, Stella, I told you not to bring the food!"
"Well, Charlie, dear, he might have been hungry!"
I could tell when my parents were annoyed with each other because they both called each other 'dear'.
"Mother, Father, now is not the time to quarrel."
"I couldn't agree more, Frank." said my Mother.
"How do you feel?" my Father asked.
"Numb."
"That's to be expected. The doctor told us he had given you a drug to ease the pain. He says if he had not, you would have passed out with pain."
"Hmm" I said, "the prospect doesn't sound too good."
We talked for the next few hours. I ate some of the food my mother brought me (it was delicious) and then they left (what a relief).
'I wonder how George is comming along.'
"Oh. Good morning, Doc."
"Good morning. Did you have a good sleep?"
"Couldn't have been better."
"Good. I guess that sedative worked."
He started to laugh. Why was he laughing?
"What's so funny?"
"I didn't get around to giving you your sedative. I gave you a pain killer and you fell asleep. I wonder why you were so tired. Mind explaining?"
"I do."
We started to laugh so much we were crying. When we finally stopped, I had a bad ache in my chest and I told him. He said it would go away. He also cautioned me not to laugh like that in the near future.
"How long is 'The near future' ?"
"Well, if all goes well, I'd say a month or two."
"What? A month or two?"
"Well, your body needs to heal, dosen't it?"
"Yes. Of course. But, does it have to take so long?"
"My friend, you had a near death expirience."

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A779916

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more