America's second-smallest state was also the first to ratify the US Constitution.
Delaware is somewhat famous for being part of a joke about the American states:
Q: What did Delaware?
A: Her New Jersey.
Delaware has a surprising amount of history squeezed into such a small area.
Blue Hen State Information
Area: 1954 square miles
Population: 783,600 (2000 census)
Border states: Pennsylvania and New Jersey to the north, Marlyand to the south and west
Highest point: 448 feet above sea level in New Castle County
Largest cities: Wilmington, Dover, Newark.
For the Pointedly Mundane
In case this entry doesn't include enough trivial information, here's a bit more...
- The Blue Hen chicken is the official state bird.
- The Ladybug is the official state insect.
- The Peach Blossom is the official state flower.
- The American Holly is the official state tree.
- The Sea Trout is the official state fish.
- The official state beverage is milk.
- The official state mineral is Sillimanite.