Is Trinidad going the same way as Uganda

1 Conversation

According to a news story from the Trinidad Telegraph, Evangelical Christians and Catholics came together in a conference regarding homosexuality. The Emmanuel Community, Lawyers for Jesus (Why Jesus needs a lawyer I do not know as he is deceased) and the Hospital Christian Fellowship invited a Ex-Gay American Pastor to give talks on gay issues. Rev. Philip Lee claims to of been gay 17 years (between 18 and 35), after which he became heterosexual. Pastor Lee claimed that no one is born gay, and that it is an aquired behaviour.

Pastor Lee, Executive Director of His Way Out Ministries in Bakersfield, California has also preached in Georgetown, Guyana (Trinidad is off the coast of Guyana), regarding this topic. The August 2010 tour, (where he met with Operation Restoration, a sister organisation from Guyana) he outlined his Ex Gay cause.

If you remember the East African country of Uganda, they invited many Evagelists to Uganda (after the talks the Anti-Homosexuality Bill was drawn up). This could clearly be a danger in Trinidad and Tobago, as like most the Caribbean it is religiously driven.

Uganda set a dangerous president, do we need another Uganda on our hands. Pastor Lee please learn from the mistakes of Uganda when spreading your bile.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A76431738

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more