Archive

0 Conversations

OK I thought it would a great idea to get a new section of M2M2 up where a quote from a prominent member of the Lesbigay community sums up in few sort words what being gay means to them.

A quote from the top American chat show host Rosie O'Donnell who recently came out on her show as a lesbian. From an interview she gave recently on ABC-TV's 'Primetime' in the US.

I remember driving my car when I got my permit. I was 18 and I was alone and I was like, I totally think I'm gay. Like I said it out loud in the car ... just like that it hit me. ... I first fell in love at 20, with a woman, and then I've had lovers who have been men as well. I mean, you know, it took me a while to understand and to figure out all the things that made me me, where I was most comfortable, who I was, and how I was going to define my life. What coat fit me. And I found the coat that fit me.

And one from Gay US survivor contestant John Carroll who was voted off the island on 18 April.

Try and be openly gay in Nebraska, and island life is a piece of cake.

And a quote from lesbian comedienne Margaret Cho on the prospect of formalising her relationship with her partner.


It's quite shocking, actually, to everyone in my life, because I always assumed that I would never marry. It was something that I had never really considered as part of my milieu, but at the same time I'm very much in love and unbelievably excited about the whole thing. The nuptials ... will be completely perverse and horrifying. We're not actually exchanging rings; we're going to do some weird kind of other type of exchange ... that will upset both of our parents.

If you have a suggestion for a future Quote of the week please post it below.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A746408

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more