Rules

0 Conversations

It's practically impossible to get booted off the ship. I mean, with Little Pay, Long, Hard Hours, and Suicidally Dangerous in the want ads, anyone who answers is okay. Still, some token rules must be mentioned and at least given lip service.

1. Sign on! Please visit the Shuttlebay to apply. This allows us to post your name on the roster, and crew can keep track of each other.

2. Use continuity breaks. When saying something outside of the story, make it clear where the message begins and ends with <ooc> (out-of-character) statements or simply, <c/>.

3. Use the areas appropriately. Don't break out your lunch right in the Captain's Chair, unless you happen to be the Captain, or hold a running conversation in the Bulletin Board.

4. Storyline. The Current Status and the Bulletin Board will brief you on what's happening, and where. Personal storylines are encouraged, just that they stick to the basic lines and don't use up too much of the ship's resources. Plot twists are proposed and discussed in the Captain's Dining. The Captain reserves the right to toss in sudden changes.

5. Equipment. Use the weapons and equipment issued to you. Ample information and descriptions to them will be supplied. Consult Supply Officer Augie for additions or improvements.

6. Dress Code. When describing yourself, refer to the details of your uniform and its particular area. This is only logical. You can't say you're in a yellow sundress while taking a stroll in space. Also, this makes your casual look in the Promenade and off duty more fun.

7. Characters. You can have more than one character aboard the Khar Siid. In this case, you must identify which one you are speaking as by using '<>' or ':'. Example:
Captain: Duh.
Dr. Picardo : Duh.
You get the picture.

8. New Areas and Quarters: the abovementioned areas, of course, aren't all that will be listed. We expect the new crewmembers to take quarters and have workspace assigned to them that will add to the variety of places you can visit. Please refer to living quarters as Cabin #, with your name, such as Cabin 17, Recrash.

9. Ships. Not all areas have to be aboard the ship proper. The construction bay can easily turn out a formidable vessel, one that deserves its own name and crew. Just ask the shipwrights, and name your ship. The craft can become an important part of the story, as part of an accompanying fleet or on its own mission.

10. Realism and variety. As much as possible you should try to make your characters and actions as believable as possible, within the theme of the story. Since this is a science-fiction setting, magic should be toned down, or explained as super science. Also, don't make your characters so unbelievably powerful that it's hard to find challenges for them. Balanced, well-defined people are the backbone of this story. Don't rely so much on any kind of crutch. Hey, that rhymes.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A739640

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more