Team Hunting

0 Conversations


I'm sorry if I came across as whining or complaining at the team hunt Friday evening. It wasn't my intention, but it's sometimes difficult to communicate using only text and also in a foreign language (yes, English is a foreign language to me).


I had an insight in team hunting from an aspect that I had not even considered before - the loot distribution. I hadn't paid any attention to it before now.


Previously, I had only been involved in team hunts where either a) the loot was shared evenly or b) involving just me and one other person. In both cases, I had had what I saw as a rather fair share of the loot.


Friday night was the first time I had been a member of a hunting team that involved several more experienced players with more advanced weapons than I and with the loot shared according to how much damage each member of the team could do to a mob.


I realized, too late, that under these conditions I should never have joined the team in the first place. No matter how furiously I swung my axe, the amount of damage I could do was still rather small compared to the other kinds of weapons.


I noticed that the degrade of my axe cost me more than I was getting in loot, and so I tried to pull out of the team. Instead, someone suggested that everyone else in the team should hold back their fire a bit so that I could get some more damage in.


This was a very kind thing to suggest, but it made me feel like I was hampering the team, making me feel guilty about it. I've learned a lesson and will do some reading about loot distribution, and I'll also think more carefully before I join a team instead of just eagerly shouting 'Me, me, me!' which has been my tactic until now.smiley -

FlameDancer


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A7307408

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more