A Conversation for Ireland Researchers

Sign me up, please!

Post 1

Nora - back from the Dublin meet!

My user number is U181477. I live in Wicklow and hail from Georgia.

Thanks!

smiley - scientistsmiley - wizard


Sign me up, please!

Post 2

Woodpigeon

Hi Nora! Welcome back! Has there been lots of discussion about your Chestnut Trees entry! Azara might be able to fill you in, or you can see the debate from the page itself. (Not to worry - everyone thought it was really good and is worthy of addition into the Edited Guide, its the process of putting it into the Edited Guide without your say-so that was the problem)

Hope you had a good time back in the US.

smiley - peacedoveWoodpigeon


Sign me up, please!

Post 3

Nora - back from the Dublin meet!

Thanks!

Yes, Azara told me. There's no problem, of course - I was basically finished with it, and I certainly can't fault anyone for going ahead in my prolonged absence. It's kind of an honour, really. Of course, a few days ago I found out that the pink variety of tree is actually a different species, but I would almost certainly have submitted it without knowing that.

I had a good time in the States, though three weeks really wasn't long enough. Still, I got out of Georgia before the heat of the summer really set in, which was probably a good thing. I'm going back in less than a month, for Christmas break.

smiley - scientistsmiley - wizard


Sign me up, please!

Post 4

Oom Foofoo

Dunno whether Im supposed to just continue on from this discussion or start another to sign up (Im starting to think that pigeons learn quicker than me) but basically I want in if you'll have me.

Im Oom Foofoo, 219591 and im from Portrush in Co. Antrim.

What am I asking to be in on btw (Im really not as dumb as this)?

smiley - smiley


Sign me up, please!

Post 5

Woodpigeon

Hi Oom,

"starting to think that pigeons learn quicker than me" - Nice compliment, thanks! smiley - blush

No, you hit the right thread - this page is a meeting point for Irish people or people based in Ireland or people who have an affinity with Ireland - that makes about 1/4 the world I guess, but what matter! smiley - smiley

Many of the researchers mentioned here are subscribed to the page, so if you ask a question or want to know if people might be interested in meeting up, or just need to get something off your chest, then other Irish researchers will hear it, and might just respond to you.

Welcome on board - the researcher who started this page is from Coleraine. Only she can change the home page so don't worry if you don't see your name being mentioned immediately.

smiley - cheersWoodpigeon


Sign me up, please!

Post 6

Oom Foofoo

Cool as, cheers. Oh and my apologies for the "compliment", I meant no disrespect.

smiley - smiley


Sign me up, please!

Post 7

Woodpigeon

No offense given! smiley - smiley

smiley - cheersWoodpigeon


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more