Finland

1 Conversation

A country far away from all the others in the world.

Common Opinion: Finns ski or skate to school, since there's a winter that last's a whole of 365 days (in Leap Year 366 days) and it's always cold.

The Truth: There are winters but so are in many other places on the globe. Has anyone ever heard of Alaska? They have tougher climate than in Finland. Besides, most of the youth in Finland are completely incapable to either ski or skate, they are just sitting in front of their computer screens and typing stupid corrections about the opinions on their country.

Common Opinion: The main dish in Finland includes polar bears, penguines and rye bread, and they hunt those (except the rye) with their bare hands or then with some primitive spears or something.

The Thruth: No one's never seen any polar bears around there except when being very drunk, and even then the dancing pink elephants are the most common sight. Only penguine can be found to be the president of Finland, who walks like one and wears the clothes that make him look even more like one. Rye is unrecognizable these days, thus the additives.

Common Opinion: The Santa Claus is from Finland

The Thruth: Well, nothing else can be said except that no individuals over 5 years has ever seen that chap around, so it's probably so that if he really is Finnish, he surely doesn't have too much patriotism, and the Americans have most likely buyed him off.

Common Opinion: Finns drink huge amounts of alcohol and the usual state among people is being drunk.

The Truth: This is true that alcohol sure sells, but so does in France too. And for that matter, hasn't anyone noticed that the greatest ideas tend to see the daylight when one is laying drunk on a field (which they DO have in Finland: it's not all forest, you know)? Just ask Douglas Adams. Q.E.D.

Common Opinion: Finland is a high-tech country

The Thruth: This is even too obvious for Finnish people, but for others not, since they don't know where Finalnd is or even what the heck it might be. Something to eat, perhaps?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A69707

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more