A Conversation for The Trickster

And how could I have forgotten...

Post 1

LokuZ

Two more bands who were great last year: Mercury Rev and Elbow!

As well as those mentioned in the article, other bands to look out for this year include The Faint, The Hives and Minuteman.

Ok, I'm done now... smiley - smiley


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 2

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i'd like to mention Atomic Kitten

how awful are they?!?!??
they have had some really nice songs. I thought 'whole again' was very sweet. 'eternal flame' is an ace song. we know this. the bangles did rather well with it before thank you very much.
but none of this alters the fact that they simply sing, or dance, and they're not even pretty which i thought was the most important current qualification for a pop star. when they are on i have to really strain to hear their voices over the backing track, they also seem to have no concept of dynamics because they insist on performing everything at the same volume. pianissimo. what about a bit of variation, some nice.........mezzopiano perhaps.

why dont they even bother singing. i didnt like the spice girls but at least there was no doubt that there was noise coming out fot ehir cake holes.

are you going to do more awards?

i rather enjoyed these

how about an award for being utterly pants in the year 2001

the list of nominees could fill a whole article by itself

FABT


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 3

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i was gonna do a post music column. but you seem to have got here first. no worries. smiley - biggrin but radiohead best album of the year? i think not. it was flatulent and onanistic. only quite good. best album of the year: discovery? your new favourite band? hot shots II? origin of symmettry? oh well...

more to look out for: the coral. phwoar.


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 4

LokuZ

Amnesiac... I couldn't hear any flatulence on it. Or is that where they got some of the weirder noises from? smiley - winkeye
The thing about Radiohead is, you either love it or hate it; you think it is either brilliant or stupid. I am firmly of the opinion that musical taste is just that: a matter of individual opinion and nothing else.

Discovery: Hmm. I'm not sure about that one, but as I said, it's a matter of taste smiley - smiley. I quite liked some of the tracks, but hated others.

I do like the Beta Band, and I really should have mentioned them.

Finally, Muse: they're just plain silly, really. But silly and _fun_ (yes, I went to a Muse gig last year and loved it).

Thanks for the feedback!

Btw, that's a good use of the word 'Onanistic'. Very helpful vocabulary for when the moderators are sneaking around...


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 5

Uncle Heavy [sic]

muse are fairly onanisttic too, but i love them. theyre great. i saw them at V. first crowd surfing experience...

i *quite* like radiohead. pablo honey is 'average' the bends is 'good'. OK computer is 'ok'. kid A is 'dull' amnesiac is 'a bridge too far' i might be wrong is 'f***ing A'

basically theres lots of lovely music about. and not enough money in my pocket to buy it. what are friends for if not coercing them into buying CDs to record? smiley - tongueout
if, incidentally, you happen to have a cooper temple clause album, a black rebel motorcycle club album or an electric soft parade album, you could send them to me and ill record them and send them back. that sounds like an excelletn idea smiley - biggrin


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 6

LokuZ

I loved I Might Be Wrong (and also think that the songs from Kid A and Amnesiac sound far better live) - but I don't count it as an album. It's really an EP that was sold as an LP.

Ok, so I'm being pedantic. smiley - smiley


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 7

Uncle Heavy [sic]

its not an EP. its so not an EP - it lasts forty minutes. its a mini album


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 8

LokuZ

Whatever. Maybe it is an album, but in my opinion it isn't really. So there smiley - winkeye.


And how could I have forgotten...

Post 9

Uncle Heavy [sic]

well its still my favourite radiohead album...what the other two should have been...


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Trickster

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more