Movie Godzilla

1 Conversation


Movie Godzilla1 is a simple game with the potential for nearly endless hours of entertainment. Any number of people can participate, there is no special equipment, and the rules are minimal.

How to Play


Taking turns in no particular order, each person names a movie, substituting the word “Godzilla” for any word in the movie’s title.

For example...

“The Heart is a Lonely Godzilla”

“Guess Who’s Godzilla to Dinner”

“The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Godzilla”

“My Own Private Godzilla”


The longer the game goes on, and the more people that are involved, the more difficult it becomes as players try to think up titles that have not been previously mentioned2
. Players must think carefully: the challenge is not merely to come up with a new movie title, but to come up with the next best movie title; the one that will send everyone into spasms of laughter from which they may never recover.


To make it even more challenging, players may agree to restrict titles to a specific category, such as “Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees” or "Filmed in Canada".


If movies are not the company’s forte, try Book Godzilla, Song Godzilla, T.V. Godzilla, or Shakespeare Godzilla.

Other Variants

Knob

Substitute the word “knob” for “heart” or “love” in the title of a song.

For example...

“Two Knobs are Better (Than Just One Mind)”

“Sweetknobs on Parade”

“Tainted Knob”

Sausage and Banana


The goal is to replace all the words in normal speech that begin with “s” with the word “sausage”, and all words that begin with “b” with the word “banana”.


Thus, one of the main texts I refer to in my drawing class is Banana Edwards’ “Drawing on the Right Sausage of the Banana.” I ask that the sausages keep their portfolios and sausages neat and tidy. If they want to use a sausage fixative (which is quite toxic), they ought to use the sausage banana in the woodshop. All work must be sausaged flat; oversized newsprint sausages may banana rolled.


Players can also apply the rule as they read aloud passages of text.

Between the Sheets


This game is played at the end of the meal in a Chinese restaurant, after the fortune cookies arrive. Each person reads their fortune aloud, adding "between the sheets" at the end.

For example...
"An empty stomach is not a good political adviser between the sheets."

"Cooperation is doing with a smile what you have to do anyway between the sheets."

"Your genuine talent will find its way to success between the sheets."

U114627U151503
1Movie Godzilla was first suggested to this researcher by her good friend Big Al, of Big Al's Canned Horse Artist Society, one cold night in December. They and two others commenced a gut-wrenching game which lasted well over an hour.2Though originally played as a “dry” game, the introduction of alcohol adds a pleasant twist and an intriguing handicap.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A680230

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more