Cider

1 Conversation

Cider is what you would get if you genetically combined an apple orchard and a concussion. The taste can vary from ambrosia to battery acid but tends towards the latter end of the spectrum. The West Country is the home of true cider. A good West Country cider will make you forget your troubles, a very good one will make you forget how to use your five senses and the best will make you forget how to breath. The majority of English youths will have tried the cheaper and filthier examples of this alcoholic beverage by the time they hit fourteen and will have sworn off the stuff for life by the time their fifteenth birthday comes around, at which point they will fall back on cheap lager and the contents of their parent's drinks cabinet. Quite simply a lot of cider is basically brain damage served in a pint glass and is the reason the inside of my head feels like the Somme circa 1916.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A66629

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more