The animals of Farthing wood

0 Conversations

The animals of Farthing wood was a highly popular childrens television series first shown around 8 years ago . It detailed the plight of a group of woodland residents , of farthing wood . Farthing wood was to be demolished - the animals caught word of this and became panic striken . In good old english fashion they held a 'wood meeting' and formed a committe in order to discuss what they were going to do about it .
During this meeting who should return but toad - the long lost woodland resident who they had given up for dead . He came bringing wonderfull news of the place he had returned from . A place called white deer park - a nature reserve where animals and humans work alongside each other . ' Heaven' the solution was clear.
From this point on the animals took an oath not to ' eat swallow or otherwise consume any other living creature whilst on route to Toad's white deer park ' . With toad as guide and fox as leader they set off to white deer park .
It might be more than obvious that I very much enjoyed this programme - though now I am a little older I can fully appreciate the complexity - and the obvious moral message it held
(NOW IM OFF TO FINISH ME MATHS - WILL FINISH THIS ENTRY SOON)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A659027

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more