A Conversation for Evidence Against Evolution and For Creationism

Lack of understanding

Post 1

Ste

Josh, you have demonstrated that you do not even have a simple grasp of evolution, yet you try to refute it. This amazes me. You live inside you're own head. Others can read the Evolution vs. Creationism thread on the 'Ask the h2g2 Community', from where this entry sprang from.

I have given you many examples and tried to explain evolution to you, not trying to say your faith is unfounded, but to simple correct faults in your comprehension of the theory. You have not taken any of this on board, or either ignored me. I personally think your faith is blinding you. I have heard the term blind faith before, but never have I seen it demonstrated so dramatically.


Lack of understanding

Post 2

alji's

Creationism, is not a theory because its proponents have decided in advance that no amount of evidence will change their beliefs!

"Creationists" are fundamentalist Christians who believe that the account of creation in the 2nd. chapter of Genesis is literally true. According to creationists, the Earth is only about 6,000 years old, Adam and Eve were the actual ancestors of all living people, and Noah´s flood occurred exactly as described in the Bible.

We now have to believe in a god who plays tricks on us so that he can weed out the unfaithful and cast them into Hell for the rest of eternity.

My old vicar believed in re-incarnation because he didn't think God would be so cruel as to give people one chance to get things right.

Alji smiley - biggrin ( Believer in the Great God Life, The Universe and Everything )


Lack of understanding

Post 3

Chuck

On the subject of pre-conceptions
Just because someone doe'nt BELEIVE in EVOLUTION doe'snt make them a christian. many scientists don't believe evolution. because they are primarily scientists and try to look at all the evidence objectionably.

Also the idea that someone is not qualified to argue the case over evolution, simply because they are a christian, IS THE SAME as saying that they can't argue the case because they are an evolutionist.

lets face it, to believe in evolution is to exercise some faith, because the facts are not conclusive and IT IS STILL A THEORY. but evolutionists believe it as fact, much of the time it is because they are ley people and are afraid to question scientists or academics because they believe it is beyond them. what complete rubbish.
people have too much faith in scientists and academics, and as josh has shown people ARE CORRUPT, and FALSIFY thier work, not only that but there is so much wishful thinking and delusion that goes on, and people will believe what they want to believe, I am talking here about people who fear or hate God, and will go against thier own rational thinkng to believe in a more "passive" reality.

Whether I believe in creation or not, is also irrelevent here.

There are many holes in the evolution theory, and there are many facts about it that Josh has failed to mention.(no slur intended, your doing a great job)and may I just say that when have H2G2 sites been conclusive! all of the sites are open ended, and are simply there to provide a GUIDE. they cannot possibly provide an exclusive summary of all information on a subject, I would love to add some more details to this ones by the but if we kept doing that nothing would get done. [he say's whilst makeing a note not to join the procrastinators society.].

I have already read some views of your other patrons that are decidedly single minded, and objectionable yet they are published as official guide pages without reasoned arguement and just a single view piont.
So if you can publish opinions on subjects as guides. why can't you publish this work, when it is clear that there will alway's be a prejudiced response to it, from people who have swallowed a different view piont, and claim to have the truth.

note: the above three paragraphs are for you wayfare and any other scouts or editors who see this lets have some fairness for josh please.

Alji to you I have come across here pretty strongly because the arguements you've used are not fair even though you may not realize this, also it was time someone stood up for Joshes side.

there has been so much arguement against what josh is writeing, but with just one piont of view it was time for a little balance.


Alji I am very sorry for the views you seem to have of christian's
indeed of God too. I can sympathise with the hate you may have for god following your above statement about playing tricks, but I assure you that is not how christians see God, listen I have'nt always been a christian and I once struggled with the idea of hell, but i was told that God is love, and he cares, so surely if people are headed to Hell he is going to try and do something about it. And he has by asking Jesus(who doe's this glady) to go to the cross on our behalf, this is for ANYONE who wants his help, it's even for those who don't want his help, and if you ask, now he will help you now. God isn't just waiting either, for you to meet an evangelist, he is actively seeking you out, he wants you, and he cares for you, he did not do this lightly, you mean alot to him.

All you have to do is say to God please forgive me for the things iv'e done to hurt you, and others, I will forgive others too as this is what you have done for me. and please show me what you want me to do in every part of my life, from now on.

you can do this, one step at a time

and he will help you with anything you need help with.

you will never find a better friend,
I highly recommend it.



Lack of understanding

Post 4

alji's

I don't believe in a God who plays tricks, neither do I hate God nor do I believe that Darwin got it right, but what I do believe is creationist theory is devisive and has been used in the past to defend slavery and murder. It is not necessary to believe every word of the Bible to believe in God. I believe the whole universe is God, but I also believe that it had no beginning and no end. Our earth will come to an end, likewise our sun and even the galaxy but the universe is eternal. I, like you believe in the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit but mine is not quite the same.

Alji smiley - zensmiley - wizard


Lack of understanding

Post 5

Cefpret

Evolution theory has also been used to justify murder. Arguments like this are *not* a proper way to find the truth. If one's interested in it at all, of course.


Lack of understanding

Post 6

Ste

"lets face it, to believe in evolution is to exercise some faith, because the facts are not conclusive and IT IS STILL A THEORY. but evolutionists believe it as fact, much of the time it is because they are ley people and are afraid to question scientists or academics because they believe it is beyond them."

So then, people believe in evolution because other, more clever people have told them to? How patronising. Every single bit of science is a theory. There is no such thing as "still" a theory. Theories don't graduate after a period of time to become fully-fledged laws or anything.

The facts supporting evolution are pretty damn conclusive in my opinion, what facts are you referring to? Have we studied the same thing to come up with different conclusions? I'd be interested to hear your side of it. It takes no leap of faith to "believe" in a theory, more a leap of logic.

I have no problem with christian evolutionists or science creationists or whoever. I simply object to the way totally innacurate or simply incorrect examples (usually from 150 to 50 years ago) are used to try and debunk evolution. It is clear that when you try and effectively debate a subject you have to have a good knowledge of it. "Know Your Enemy", Josh (unfortunatley) has demonstrated this along with an inability to change (amusingly enough).

Ste smiley - stout


Lack of understanding

Post 7

Imhotep

Dad you and I are going to have a little chat about this...
To mention one point, Christianity is not the only religion to believe in the great flood.

And another
Nobody is asking you to believe in any sort of God, that is the right of the individual, just please respect the beliefs of others. After all these years, I still can't work out what exactly you do believe in?

Just what exactly is wrong with blind faith, and does that make Josh any less of a human being, after all that is what the argument is about...


Lack of understanding

Post 8

Potholer

Christianity isn't the only religion to belive in *a* great flood.

Neither is it the only religion to believe in messiah born in a stable on 25th December, since it borrowed that particular story from an earlier religion (oddly enough, one in existence somewhat *before* 0AD). Being a relatively latter-day religion, it does seem to have swallowed up preexisting tales and practices and made them its own.


The main thing wrong with blind faith (religious, political, or otherwise) is that it makes people vulnerable to the manipulations of other people lacking in sanity, honesty, or both.


Lack of understanding

Post 9

Potholer

Also, blind faith renders people's statements on things they have taken purely on faith as not actually being *their* considered opinions, merely an unthinking more-or-less-well remembered recitation of things they've been told, which makes them pretty useless in a discussion, since they are incapable of distinguishing between what they have been told that is probably right, and what they have been told that is probably wrong.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more