A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

new Dr. who

Post 1

lynnewho

some people do not like the new Dr Who , well i do ,he is a great actor unlike the last one ,who just could not act ,now all we need is a new girl ,some one who can act unlike the one now who could not act to save her life. lynnewhosmiley - biggrin


new Dr. who

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

smiley - erm contrary to popular belief the last one (Paul McGann) is a good actor, he just suffered from an appalling script... (half-human? Eye of Harmony in the TARDIS? Pah!)
Agree about Billie Piper, while the human interest element her character brings is good her Mockey accent really grates and sometimes all the stuff with her family gets far too soapy for my liking.

If you don't believe that McGann is a good actor try watching Withnail and I!

Oh, welcome to h2g2... may nighthoover bless your time here.smiley - zen


new Dr. who

Post 3

Awix

By 'the last one' are we meaning McGann or Eccleston? Cos I suppose technically 'the new Dr Who' these days is David Tennant.

I liked McGann too, potentially better than Eccy was (given equally good scripts). You could tell Eccleston really didn't like Dr Who very much and was trying to do something different, whereas McGann was aware of the legacy and tried to work with it.


Repey 2 new Dr. who

Post 4

clever the master

Ok If every fan is going to speak I would like to say that Christopher Eccleston was Great Bille Piper was all most as good and if you compare her to that one who did the Amerecan acsented asetent hen she ruled. OK!


Repey 2 new Dr. who

Post 5

U2006

I liked Christopher Ekelston. I thought he was fantastic. He brought this excited charm to the role as well as a darker side, im sad to see him go but think tennant will be fab!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more