Britain (some thoughts)

1 Conversation

I can consider myself (very pretentiously) as a researcher for the guide, as I'm a Spanish lost in the REALLY strange island called Britain.
Even this is very dark, rainy and dull, ugly, horrible, terrifying... It could have been worse, I could have been sent to Coventry...
Ohhh! I'm in Coventry!
Very strange things happen here: the pictures of my house move when I'm not looking, the TV never runs properly and I have to share the bathroom with 4 more people. This creates queues on the morning as long as the ones to go inside the bathroom whenever you need to and you're in a pub. Not surprisingly at all, when I don't need it it's empty.
British are also bizarre human beings with more bizarre behaviour. For example, they called go out to go to the pub, drink a beer and come back home at half past eleven on the night. It is quite difficult to find some place open after 6 in the afternoon, unless it is a pub or a Kebab shop. And the food, they called anything food: Potatoes with salt and vinegar and onion and curry, or some potatoes smashed without pity and stirred and transformed into a white puree which they eat without considerations. All hope to provide the guide with a better description of those atrocities and some photographic evidence.
I'll keep on researching.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A64612

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more