Club Abstract, Kitchener, Ontario Canada

0 Conversations

Please note: this is a work in progress. Will be expanded as I explore the Guide mechanisms.

Club Abstract is a Bar/Nightclub located at 667 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario Canada. It is a licenced drinking establishment (which in Ontario means that you must be 19 years of age or over with acceptable photo i.d. required).

Abstract has a general bar area with one bar, a dance floor with two sepparate bars, and a licenced patio with its own bar. The City of Kitchener has passed a bylaw prohibitting smoking in public places, which includes bars and restaurants. This bylaw doesn not apply to outdoor areas of these establishments, so the patio is quite popular.

The club caters to fans of New Rock/Alternative music, Electronica, Retro 80's nostalgia, other similar genres of music from other decades. Each night at the bar features diferent styles of music. Club Abstract also features live bands every Thursday, and has hosted many reasonably well-known signed artists, as well as local musicians.


SCHEDULE OF NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT


The weekly schedule of entertainment at the club as of September 2001 is as follows:

NO BOUNDARY WEDNESDAYS


The best music from every decade. Free Pool and cheap booze! (well, cheaper booze anyway -Narf)

THURSDAYS ARE LIVE!


Live bands each and every Thursday.

BIG AL'S RETRO EXPERIENCE - FRIDAYS


Take a trip back through time as we bring you the greatest tunes of the Eighties!

ALTERNATIVE SATURDAYS with DJ COLIN


The best Alternative and Electronica.

Official Website


More information about the club can be found at the official website, http://www.clubabstract.com

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A629868

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more