Snowboarding

1 Conversation

A sport that everyone with an ounce of adventure should try. By strapping a board made of various layers of wood, fibre glass and carbon, to your feet and going to the top of the highest mountain finding some deep snow, and dropping off the edge.

For the best conditions look for the "powder" a term for deep snow, two to three feet is the best depth. The best of the powder is found off piste away from the main runs (leave the main runs to the Skiing)

People who ski tend not to like snowboarders as they were around and feel that the slopes belong to them. Snowboarders do tend to take more risks and with risk comes collisions, usually with a skier. I myself have no problem with skiers, all I can say is look how much fun a snowboarder has.

Everyone must try Snowboarding, one holiday and your hooked. Try skiing first as once you learn to snowboard you will never go back.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A59528

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more