Finding your feet on h2g2

0 Conversations

A warm welcome if you've just arrived on h2g2, this page is for you. It contains a bit of vital info for you that I hope will make your first few days on h2g2 an even more amazing and welcoming expreience. <biggrin>

Firstly, please give yourself an imaginitive, but short, nickname. This will make you stand out. A post from 'Carbon-based Life' or whatever is more likely to be trusted than one from 'Researcher 1838695'.

Secondly, write a brief intro for your page. For 5 minutes of your time, this enables you to be welcomed by ACEs, found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Aces . This enables us to help you out if you get stuck. It also gives people something to read if they want to know a little more about you.

Thirdly, take a look at all of the wonderful h2g2 smileys. To get a list, just type 'smileys' in the search box at the top of every page.

Fourthly, make sure that if you explore GuideML, anything that you write is legible in both Alabaster and Classic Goo. For example, avoid yellow as a colour for highlighted text. If not, then some people will not be able to read your creations!

Finally, enjoy yourself. I hope that you have a good time here.
If you're wonderng about anything, just ask an ACE. I'm around alot - just click 'Discuss this Entry'.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A573004

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more