Darwin

0 Conversations

A town located in the top bit of the desolate wasteland known as the Northern Territory, in Australia. A thriving social microcosm, the population is roughly divided into rednecks and hippies. Beer is plentiful, and flows freely. Impress the locals with your worldly wit and you're bound to get some action. A word of warning though, you may be labelled, in the language of the locals, a "poof". Ignore them.

The Darwin Museum is excellent, as are the numerous War Memorials littering the landscape. The Aviation Museum has a nice B-52, one of only 4 on display in the world. VISIT THE TERRITORY WILDLIFE PARK!!! It is world-class.

Do not swim between October to May lest ye be attacked by box jellyfish. If you do get stung, do not do the usual routine of urinating on the wound. Any Darwinnian worth his salt carries a bottle of vinegar to achieve the same purpose, so BRING VINEGAR.

If you break down, you will get help. If you see someone broken down, help them. Share your booze, and booze will be shared with you. Carry spare water and petrol in your car.

It takes some getting used to but it's a hell of a place!!! Enjoy, my friends!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A57232

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more