Jellybeans

2 Conversations


This is what the Guide has to say about jellybeans: They are mostly harmless.

The worst thing they can do to a person is give him tooth decay. And even some dentists might consider this a good thing since it gives them business.

But what exactly is a jellybean? A jellybean is a bean-shaped, hard but chewable concoction of sugar, gum base, some unknown ingredients that make them awfully yummy, and flavoring.

Since jellybeans come in an assortment of flavors, flavoring is what most people think is the essential part of the jellybean. The flavoring can vary from simple flavors such as watermelon, blueberry, or cola, and even some brand name manufacturers go to extremes with such flavors as red hot chilli, buttered popcorn, and even pizza-flavored.

Jellybeans can be found in local candy stores, supermarkets, tourist kiosks in airports, trick-or-treat bags, the ever-so-expensive food counter in movie theatres, your co-workers' candy bowls (if any), Christmas stockings, drugstores, your grandmother's candy jar (usually labelled Don't Touch), dollar stores, those annoying candy dispensers near main doors that nobody bothers with, and, if you are really lucky, digging into your couch can reward you a hidden jellybean or two.

How to Eat a Jellybean: In order to do this simple feat, one must be ready for surprise and excitement once a jellybean enters one's mouth. It is also highly recommended that when eating jellybeans, one must grab a handful of jellybeans, each handful having three or more flavors so to create a sensation almost like a new year's party within one's mouth. The more flavors you eat, the more livelier the party becomes. Eating different flavored jellybeans all at once also creates a "What Flavor is That Anyway?" game, giving the party a hoot and something to be busy with.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A565580

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more