Where is WI-FI in Tuscan Hilltop Towns

1 Conversation


I recently received an inquiry from someone looking for a place to do some work and if WI-FI was easily available in the town.


Well this being the most Scottish Tuscan Hilltop Town in Italy
, “WI-FI” is pronounced “Wee-Fee” and to my knowledge has been around for hundreds of years. I was a little confused to whether he was looking for a new hilltop version or was already married and had misplaced her somewhere around here.


In my experience any man within hearing distance of WiFi could be remotely controlled. A list of uncompleted jobs would be automatically communicated to him at regular intervals. Sometimes even if not within hearing distance of your own WiFi, remote communications could be established by using someone else’s WiFi to bridge the gap. For example:

  • Your WiFi said it’s time to go home
  • Your WiFi said to bring back some milk

  • Being a small close knit community WiFi easily reaches all parts of the town and some of the surrounding territories.


    Most WiFi’s are also networked together to form the local GPS service (Gossip Propagation System). The system uses a very advanced version of fuzzy logic and is normally able to locate most absent minded husbands within 5 minutes of activation.


    One of the main advantages of the local GPS system as opposed to the NASA one is that this system is able to track and position Past, Current and Future husband locations as well as being able to see inside buildings through some very thick medieval stone walls.


    Simple SQL like commands can be used to search it’s knowledgebase, for example:

  • WHERE husband TIME-INTERVAL (LASTNIGHT, TOMORROW, NOW)

  • Compared to normal Databases where an answer normally requires an input, the Hilltop GPS knowledgebase can give answers without any initial input in cases where Husband is in an unexpected location.


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A5565215

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    References

    External Links

    Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more