A Conversation for Contents Page - John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

Message out of the blue

Post 1

TomPerkins

smiley - smiley

Dear John and Marie Christine,

I was thinking about you all the other day whilst gazing out to see (English Channel actually)....hope you're well and the expedition is on track. Last heard your voice John on a very crackly sat phone line whilst you were talking to John Humphries on the BBC Radio 4 Today Programme.

Since I last saw you a few yrs back, I've remained in the British Army, managed to "visit" 5 continents, fight in 1 war, get married (to Annabelle who you met) and have a son (Bradley - 10 weeks now)...sort of busy....but definitely swimming against the stream and always into the mist.

You continue to provide me with a great deal of inspiration in life...whenever life starts to become tiresome I dream up another expedition plan or competition to get involved in, and bingo, the spark is there again. I will always be grateful for the time I had working as an instructor for you at the school...

All the very best,

Tom Perkins
Colchester, UK


Key: Complain about this post

Message out of the blue

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more