0 Conversations


The Restaurant Food Factor refers to the fascinating phenomenon that occurs when waiting for a meal in any given restaurant, which runs as thus:

While waiting for a meal in any given restaurant, after at least twenty-two minutes (based on averages) since ordering have passed, make a short expedition to the toilet. When you return, assuming the server of your meal has not returned the food to the kitchens in your absence, the object of the last twenty-two minutes of your life will have arrived at your table.

A table set with a chequered mat, a plate of white sausages, pretzels and beer

So far this perennial occurrence has yet to be explained, but, for now, can be best put down as One Of Life’s Little Mysteries, alongside the Spork and the recurring appearances of Irish pop groups called things like The Zone Lads.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A552142

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more