How to survive musically in the modern galaxy.

2 Conversations

With the appearance of mini-disc recording walkmans; finally comes the ability for us armchair muso's to acquire the music we choose and listen to it in quality. First find the tune on the internet in either mp3 format or real player format and then simply plug your minidisc player into pc line out or headphone socket and record. The only difference between the 2 is mp3's can be downloaded to your pc and saved in combination with a player like winamp ( I have over 150 ) creating a nice collection to browse and change your travel tunes; and realplayer tunes cannot be saved as the site owners go with .ra files for this reason so they can thus avoid trouble for offering copyrighted music as the mp3 sites sometimes do. Realplayer files need their own player and "stream " to your pc without offering a save option though obviously you can still record them with a minidisc player; just be careful you have a good connection as if this fluctuates you hear it unlike mp3 where you are downloading the entire thing first then playing it. Unfortunately due to the nature of the world we live in with its over-active big brothers and morally superior-though-transparently-inept authoritarian types it is somtimes difficult to find what you want on mp3 and one must use the .ra format but by still recording them we still persevere in the fight for freedom of ALL INFORMATION. Good Luck.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A53876

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more