Planet 6667790

0 Conversations

The galactic empire recently enforced (i.e shot people who didn't comply) a new naming system which means planets are now named numerically. This saves a lot of time and hassle for the people in Junarrangee 3 who spend all their time thinking up original and exciting names for the new planets that are constantly getting discovered.
Unfortunately, there is such a vast number of planets that it would be impossible to calculate the numbers we will need to use in the near future. So, a computer called Nexus 57 has been designed by the Sirius Cybernetics Coropration to calculate said numbers. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the start up programme, meaning that a new start up programme Doors 60001 is being designed.
Fortunately there is a patch coming out in the near future.
There is, as there always is in these types of situations,a problem. Planets are being constantly (i.e all the time) discovered, and with no system to calculate their numerical names and all the people on Junarrangee 3 looking for work in other galaxies, what happens to these planets?
Obviously, once the nhabitants of these planets make intestellar contact they can arrange their own name, but before then, something has to be done.
So, the Galactic empire is recruting failed English lit. students to invent names.
There are a number of problems with this system, a lot of planets are getting named after cult sci-fi shows, there is already The Phantom Menace Planet, Darth vader Planet, Borg2000 planet, Blakes 8 planet, Jean-Luc Picard Planet, Kirk is better planet and so on.
The situation has reached a climax with a planet being named after an area of Counsellor Troi's anatomy that I will not reveal.
The Galactic Police are en route to the HQ the students are using, they are expected to use the empire's Extreme Violence policy.
The head of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation apologises for the inconvenience and has set upa technical support planet, where people from the worlds with stupid names may go to get it sorted out.
It appears that the lines are down at the moment, please try again next millenia.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A534935

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more