Badly written but sincere tribute to Bill Hanna

0 Conversations

I have just heard about the death of Bill Hanna, one half of the Hanna-Barbara team, who created The Flintstones, Top Cat, Tom and Jerry along with many other quality characters that people will forever remember as part of their childhood.

The Wacky Races were just one of a fantastic selection of cartoons which had their own unique personalities. In these days of mass produced corporate cartoon in which you could substitue the characters and adventures of one cartoon into another cartoon without the viewers even noticing, Hanna-Barbara cartoons stand out just as much now as when they were first created.

Real cartoons can be enjoyed by everyone. Not just children who sit and watch in the hope of their favourite Pokemon coming on the screen. Real cartoons don't rely on an ongoing plot, thus blackmailing you into watching every episode. No, each episode stands alone, a miniture masterpiece that will be enjoyed just as much by people who have never seen them before as by people who avidly take in every episode. That is what cartoons mean to me, and Bill Hanna will be mourned by hundreds like me I'm sure.

I know cartoons are just funny time fillers, but sometimes even avid fans of silliness such as myself come over all serious. Today I am in mourning. One of my heroes is no more.



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A533567

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more