Mother

0 Conversations

Maria, a 27 years old deserted woman, mother of two lovely and intelligent daughters is preparing for dinner to run her catering business to supplement her family.

Today she is not keeping well because of the recent city deluge, which created a havoc, specially for the slum dwellers.

While doughing the flour her happy moments flashed in her mind. Before marriage, how once she secretly managed to see the romantic Hindi movie, hand in hand with Yousuf, enjoying first time the delicacies of fast food and vanilla ice-cream.

Maria's dusky look and deep expressive eyes always attracted Yousuf towards her. They were in their spring season of life, Maria 19 and Yousuf 21. Yousuf was a labourer in a nearby workshop earning only Rs. 3000/- per month.

During the movie she felt that even her and Yousuf's life are moving in the same direction like the main characters of that movie, in which they saw- inspite of all the odds, the hero and heroine married against their parents wish. Maria's mind couldn't think beyond the three hours colourful movie life. She only adored the designer outfit and heavy jewellery of the heroine.

Within 6 months of their affair, they decided to marry against their families wish. Maria and Yousuf were very happy to tie the sacred knot with the promise to be forever till death part them, in every happy and sad moments of life.

"Mummy" called Afreen, Maria's six years old daughter was back from school and Maria was out of her day dream. "Is the dinner boxes ready to deliver?," asked Afreen. "No", said Maria.

It was the routine of Afreen and Farha (seven years old) to deliver the dinner boxes to the nearby workshop. After this they helped their mother to prepare for the next day's lunch.

While rolling the roti with a rolling pin, she was thinking even her life has been rolled down. Her life was like a salt- white in colour, easily dissolves in water, and spoils the taste of food if its more than the required quantity. Her life have been dissolved with Yousuf's life 8 years back by the promises made by him and spoilt the taste of life as she trusted him extraordinarily. Her life was colourless. Neither sweet nor sour in taste, nor different colours like various food items she prepared.

Finally the dinner was ready to despatch. Afreen and Farha carried their task very well, enjoying every bit of life going through narrow and filthy bylanes to reach their destination.

It is almost 11.00 pm to retire to bed after the daily routine job.
Two days before Farha and Afreen's school principal called Maria to complain about their less attendance. The school principal highlighted how good her daughters were in study as well as in art. Maria tried her level best that her daughters should not miss their classes, but can't help out because of their daily routine work, which sometime exhausted them so much that they were unable to attend regular class.

Looking at the hand made wall painting Maria was happy that her daughters are doing well in their school life. Afreen an artistic talent holder expressed her feelings on paper. In school she always top in painting contest. Farha was serious by nature.

As Maria closed her eyes to relax, she remebered the lastdays spend with Yousuf. It was after the birth of Afreen, due to complications in her pregnancy she has been operated and left them in heavy debt, which they took from private money lender.

There was a slackness in Yousuf's job during rainy season. He tried to look for some alternate earnings, but all his effort was in vain.

Day by day their condition was deteriorating. The debt amount was increasing and no rays of hope to be seen to come out of this sitaution. Yousuf struggled for three to four months to maintain his family life and once as usual left home never to return back.

Tears ran down Maria's cheeks. Since then she was managing everything for her daughters. For many days she couldn't come out of this trauma. Her heart was not ready to accept the fact that Yousuf ran away from his responsibilities and left her when she required him the most.

It was not an easy task for a deserted woman to live smooth life without hurdles. Maria shivered at the thought when she was offered for a flesh trading job to earn good money to live a luxurious life, but she refused. She wanted to nurture her daughters with honesty and sincerity and wanted to make her daughters strong enough to face every situation in life. She wanted to give her daughters the best eduaction which she could provide.

With all these thoughts she felt asleep. Her mind making her relax and to get prepare for a new hopeful day, as life is like a moving water, which carries everything in it and if become stagnant starts stinking.


















Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A5325699

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more