The Tweenies

1 Conversation

These follow-ups to the BBCs massive hit show "Teletubbies" are the four most fabarooni charcters in current children's T.V.
They are Bella, Milo, Fizz and Jake (who's hairdo promotes acceptance and tolerance of "strange" people in society). The tweenies target audience is children between the ages of abouth three and eight years and, of course, students.

The tweenies are four kids who meet everyday at a playgroup run by Max and Judy. At the playgroup they decide what they will do each day by consulting "the tweenie clock". The choice of activities for each day are: messy time, story time, song time, telly time and news time.

The tweenies also have a canine playmate at the group called "Doodles". Following in one of the great traditions of children's T.V. Doodles is a talking dog. If one of the tweenies, usually Jake as he is the youngest and has the strangest hairdo, is feeling left out Doodles will come and talk to them to cheer them up. Aw...sweet.

The Tweenies are not limited to their twenty-minute T.V. show. Their has been a massive amount of official, and unofficial, merchandise connected with the characters: dolls, videos, books, bed covers, wall-paper, bubble-bath, sweets and chocolate, "Tweenies Magazine", clothes and, of course endless products relating to their pop career.

The Tweenies have released an album and several singles, one of which made the U.K. top ten. In 2000-2001 they went on a tour of the country playing to massive audiences at venues such as Wembley Arena. At the concerts children, or rather their parents, can buy t-shirts, C.D.s, videos and tweenie clocks on sticks...hmmmmmm. All of which goes to show that you simply CANNOT over-merchandise a product.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A532496

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more