PUBS-The Artichoke, Watford,England

2 Conversations

The Artichoke, Watford High Street is situated at the top of the high street just beside the pond. Its also opposite the night club 'Destiny' which makes it an ideal pre-clubbing waterhole. Its a nice pub to drink in as it is a proper english pub (the only one left in the high street, as the others are all comercial chains), it has a pool table, and a jukebox which insists on playing white swans at least twice an hour.

The barman looks like meatloaf and plays nomination wist constantly, don't expect service while hes playing. Your best bet is to challenge him to a game on the condition he serves you if you win, you won't but its worth a go. Weekdays the bar is always crammed with punters doing crosswords, or more to the point, not managing to do the crossword. However don't try and help, they'll have your liver before you've had time to read on clue.

Quiz night is monday night, and if you win you are in for both cash and beer prises. mondays to thursdays after three drinks are ridiculously cheep which is always a plus.

however on a serious note you wont find a friendlier pub in watford town center.......oh and they have new Fosters Amber and blue WKD....which no one else in watford serves yet...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A521001

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more