The Bass Guitar

1 Conversation

This is one of the most frustrating musical instruments known to mankind. Unlike a normal guitar it only has four strings so when your mates decide, "Hey guys!, wouldn't it be great if we like?, started a band", you think "Okay I'll play the bass because it looks easy". The reasoning behind this is that as we have four fingers and the bass has four strings it should be a piece of cake, even Bill Wyman managed it!, so you go out and get the bass and try to play it.

The first problem that you encounter is that the strings appear to be made out of industrial cable and the frets are so far apart that they each have their own postcode. You then spend the next three days trying to tune the damn thing before getting one note out of it, remember never to look away from the instrument because as soon as your back is turned the strings will magically morph back to being completely out of tune again. Suddenly we all have a little bit more respect for Bill Wyman, not a lot, but a bit.

The only redeeming feature of having a bass guitar, or any guitar for that matter is that it looks cool and girls will fancy you even if you are hideous.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A511020

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more