Fishkill, New York

0 Conversations

Fishkil is a small town in New York, just south of Pughkeepsie. Unlike popular belief, Fishkilliens so NOT slaughter fish for their own amusement. It may be done for anothers amusement, but not our own. Fishkill is Dutch for Creek of Fish. This is highly redundant when you pass the Fishkill Creek. There are many fast food restaurants, a few motels, and even a newly built Gap distribution factory.
If you're ever looking for something to do in Fishkill, we have many attractions. Fist there's the Fishkill Bowl, which is a great place to go if you like to go. However, on the other end of the spectrum, if you hate to bowl, the Fishkill Bowl would probably not be your place. There Hoyts Cinema 10 right on Route 9. The movies are $8 and the price ios going up. Not a good idea if you're low on cash.
And finally, there's the Fishkill Flea Market, which is set-up in the run-down Dutchess Mall. If you want Crap cheap, this is the place for you.
Well, that's Fishkill in a nutshell, if you can find a nutshell about 25 miles in diameter, and a few hundred feet high.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A509483

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more