King James Bible Mk II?

2 Conversations

I was just sitting around thinking, with nothing better to do. (summer vacation at its peak, there)

And I got to wondering-since the King James Bible was a vast undertaking involving all the best writers available...why not give it an update using modern talent?
Make it new again for future generations. Add and remove as we see fit.
Make a reality show out of it.

Figure on all the top authors on the best-seller lists- that should keep it exciting. Maybe a little formulaic since people seem to buy all the same stuff just with different names or places. Throw in some satirists and fantasy writers to lighten things up. wouldnt want things to get too....mainstream.

And since the psalms used to be set to music, get a big performer to redo them. Like U2 or Paul McCartney, or John Williams.

Since this is just a random thought in the middle of the night, I'm sure theres PLENTY of room for improvement, and I hope to see plenty of brainstorming on this...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A5014955

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more