Vending machines

1 Conversation

These are common and can be found dotted around schools, sport centres, universities and such places. We know what they are, or at least we think we do. But where do they come from and why?

The design flaws are blatantly obvious to anyone who has ever used one and so I won't list them here.

Vending machines are in fact an alien device sent to various planets to assess the intelligiance of the inhabitants. Anyone who has ever thought 'Oh it swallowed my, money. Maybe if I put somemore in it'll dislodge it...' has bringing down the average for the planet.

Currently earth is ranked second from bottom. We even have the highest number of people pulling machines down ontop of themselves. All that holds us off the bottom is our impossibly high cunning at spotting when it'll give us two chocholate munchie bars instead of one.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A49321

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more