10 ways a harmonica can save your life

1 Conversation

The harmonica is an extremely efficient and useful tool.
Its most widely accepted use is to create music. More importantly though, it could save your life.

Hitch-hiking is a risky buisness, and more often than not, unsuspecting travelers can find themselves in a sticky situation. these often need either: quick thinking, or quickly whipping out one's harmonica.

here is a list of ten reasons of ways a hrmonica could save your life:

#1: when caught in a pub where a fight is obviously about to take place, (esp. when the odds are stacked up against you) it is sometimes best to flash your harmonica. You'de be surprised how many rebel bikie's are not only in love with the mellow sound of the harmonica, but will also befriend anyone who is willing to play them their favorite tune.

NOTE: it is a common known fact that anyone who plays harmonica thinks he is the best harmonica player in the universe. this is harly ever true, though, and usually it is exactly the opposite.

#2: if #1 has not worked then try playing a tune. This is one of the best ways of either: clearing the bar, having the crowd at your mercy thru their instinctive desire to have you stop, or getting thrown out (maybe a little scratched, but not dead).

#3: When on the run from gang members, mafioso, angry ex-spouse, wild mobs, your mother, husbands of women you barely know (or want to know), tax agencies,etc. its always good to try ducking into a live-playing club, jumping on stage, and pretending you're part of the band. In this case having a harmonica on your person makes it all the more realistic.

#4: Probably the most common way, when being mugged in a dark alley, use it to make as much noise as you can and alert as many people as possible.

#5: When you've been reduced to the gutter, with nothing but a towel and a stick and your trusty harmonica, you can use it to busk for money. People will eventually feel sorry for you and there's your next meal money.

#6 It has been proven* that playing harmonica increases concentration and keeps you awake. (except for the 1% who can play it in their sleep) Therefore if you play the harmonica while driving on long car trips, it will prevent you from falling asleep at the wheel, and having a deadly car accident. Thus saving your life.

#7: when forced to walk alone in the wilderness for more than 73 days, playing the harmonica can be your last and only grip on sanity. (sanity being something vital for survival when lost in the wilderness for more than 73 days)

#8: when lost in the afore mentioned wilderness searching for food, use the harmonica to alure friendly wild animals over, and then hit them with your stick. food!. (food = life)

#9: When given the option: 'any last requests....' by your executioner, ask if you can play one last song on your harmonica. then do your best rendition of 'tubular bells' by Mike Oldfield. And hopefuly they'll all have fallen asleep by the time your finished. Or at least it might buy you some time to think of another plan.

#10: music is a form of communication that even aliens understand. so if ever confronting a communication barrier use music to keep peace and prevent annihalation of the earth (if it is aliens).

I hope this article has enlightened you on the value of having one of these very useful inventions, and hopefully it will motivate you to go out and buy one yourself.

*(almost)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A475445

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more