Where GOD went wrong

2 Conversations

WHERE GOD WENT WRONG
by Oolon Colluphid

Pt 1 FIRST BLOOD

I think Gods first and biggest mistake was on the sixth day of creation. Genesis chapter 1 page 1. Bad enough he created man, I will let that go for now, but then God gave man dominion over all the animal the birds, the fish, even the trees and plants and told man to subdue the earth A BIG MISTAKE. Giving man rights over other living things was a bloody stupid thing to do and has caused more harm & horrors than any other single thing, bringing the earth to the very edge of ecological destruction.

Because of this dominion or right we have exterminated millions of species of animals and plants and we are still doing it. Every hour 23 lifeforms become extinct many as a direct consequence of our actions. Everyday we rape the earth, pollute the air the sea and the land while at the same time we destroy vast areas of rain forest which produce the very oxygen that we breath. Madness total madness.

We torture animals for entertainment cockfighting, foxhunting, bullfighting and many other blood sports are enjoyed by people who know they have dominion over other life, NASTY B******S.
We torture animals for profit, a battery chickens <<not hens you eat chicken not hen>> life is a living hell, I wont go into details. The transportation of live food stock particularly to the slaughter house or abroad is often sickenly sadistic, HEARTLESS B******S.
We torture animals for understanding, forcing beagles to smoke cigarettes and hamsters to eat blu tac, STUPID B******S.

But animals are not an exception, we do the same to the plant world, each other, we even do it to the earth itself. We make radioactive poisons, which will remain toxic for a minimum of 15,000 years and then bury it in the ground. THE GROUND? the grounds the same place our food comes from? We are told its safe, its in containers that will protect the environment. P**s off, sorry I mean no way, do you know how long 15,000 years is, its, its, its a bloody long time thats what it is. Look at it this way 15,000 years ago our ancestors were living in caves, using stone tools and answering to names like Fred Flintstone. And we are supposed to make containers that can survive that vast span of time, but we still can not make a pair of pants that dont ride up the crack of your arse. No giving man dominion over the earth and it inhabitants is wrong. So whats the alternative? Before answering that I would like to ask you a question.Who do you think should have dominion over your body? I dont want any old b******s such as depending on the circumstances or if I was, I am talking about you, here and now who do you think should have the final say on all matters concerning your body?

The answer is YOU isnt it?

Nobody, no group or no thing can take that away from you, but you can give it up. Its the same for me and everyone else, if nobody else has rights over your body, you have to accept that you have no rights over anyone elses body. If you dont respect the right of others why should they respect yours? Dont misunderstand me I am not against co-operation. No, I think co-operation is great, its coercion I object to. I am trying to give everyone as much free will and choices as possible.



Pt 2 EQUAL RITES

A nice idea but in the real world someone is going to come along who doesnt respect your right. They either believe they know whats best for you (do gooders) or more likely they do not give a toss whats best for you (self-serving bullies). So what are you going to do? Jesus told us the answer to that one, you must turn the other cheek, yeah right, and get that slapped as well. It seems as if God wants us to submit to threats and force. So not content with subduing anything that will allow us, God also wants us to accept dominion by bullies. No I am sorry God but I believe you went wrong here as well. So whats the alternative? Again before answering I would like to ask you a question if some one does not respect your rights, why should you respect theirs?
If anybody, group or thing tries to take away your rights, then they have given up their rights and are fair game, and of course vice-versa, if you do not respect the right of others why should they respect yours? If you try to take away the rights of others you forfeit your own rights. This is where you need responsibility; you can not have freedom without it. I am talking about defence not vengeance. Compassion is a big good against gullibility, which is a small bad by comparison. Or give the benefit of the doubt, only you know the level of your doubt. In essence I am saying that you have a right over your body and anyone who tries to take it away gives up their own right. If everybody adopted and stuck to that attitude it would solve many personal, social and even ecological problems. Not to mention the many moral and ethical answers it provides.


Pt 3 NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE

Another of Gods mistakes was to write his commandments in stone. Reality does not work that way. Nothing remains true under all circumstances. I am sure at the time there was a perfectly good reason for each commandment. But times change and the fact that the commandments particularly the wording does not change leaves them open to misinterpretation
EG: thou shalt not kill. Surely that cannot be misunderstood or misinterpreted. Surely that must remain true in all circumstances. WRONG!! Man cannot survive without killing. OK I'll play devils advocate;
I will not kill not even to survive.

Oolon: What about eating? The food has to be killed, if I dont kill it I must at least condone the killing by eating it

Devils Advocate: It doesnt say anything about animals

Oolon: It doesnt say any thing about vegetables either, it just says "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" it doesn't say thou shalt not kill, and then go on to list the things you can or cannot kill. It just says thou shalt not kill, it's written in stone, so I repeat what about eating?

Devils Advocate: Right then in that case I will become a fruit eater. I will only eat fruit and nuts. No animals or even vegetables will be killed. Fruit is designed to be eaten; the rest of the plant survives.

Oolon: Good answer. How about when you get ill and contract a virus, or bacteria? Medicine may cure you but will kill them.

Devils Advocate: Well then I just wont take any medicine.

Oolon: Even if you take no medicine your bodys natural immune system will kill the infection. Like I said Man cannot survive without killing.

Ridiculous you say, maybe it is but this sort of strict, literal interpretation of the commandments still leads to young girls being forced by law to give birth to crack babies conceived as a result of being raped. I swear its happening now and not as far away as you may think. In the real world nothing is written in stone.

Theres not one law in this country or any other that somebody can not get a permit to break, up to and including murder. Have you never heard of James Bond licensed to kill? Yes I know he isn't real but his licence is, Police, army, governments all have them.
Every rule has an exception.
Laws were made to serve man; man was not made to serve laws. People cant always decide what the best thing to do is just by a set of rules; life is far to complicated for that.
The words I have chosen to use here to express my ideas are not as important as the concept I have tried to convey. It would be easy to corrupt and pervert what I have said by following the letter and not the spirit of my message. Its pointless me trying to tell you how to apply it in every possible circumstance, so I'll finish with one example.

I am in the park one day and I see a man about to eat dog s**t (AWRR too gross think of another example) All right, he is about to drink from a bottle of meths. Now Im not saying he should eat the, sorry I mean drink the meths, but I am saying its his choice. If I wish, I could tell him "I think it's a bad idea" I can explain why, I can offer him help or alternatives, but at the end of the day if he wishs to drink it, I have no right to physically stop him. Even if he is my best friend. But what if its my child or for that matter somebody elses child who is about to drink the meths. If talking has failed and the child still intends drinking it, do I have the right to physically stop it?
The answer is no.
What?? I repeat no, I have no right to stop it, I have a duty to stop it, physically if necessary. Letting a child poison itself because I have no rights over its body is obviously wrong. That would be sticking to the letter and not the spirit. What I am talking about is personal freedom and the responsibility that goes with that freedom. What I have said is not original, the order of the words I have used may be, but the idea is as old as time and has been expressed many times and in many ways.

A few years ago I saw a little girl on the T.V. she was no more than about 8yrs old. Her family were new age travellers and they were being moved on. She said, if someone is good to me, then I am good to them, but if someones horrible to me then I am horrible to them. She knows.

Wicca says if it harms no other, do what thou wilt they know.

One I particularly like was sung by Frank Zappa, do what you want to, do what you will just dont mess up your neighbours thrill and when you pay the bill kindly leave a little tip for the next poor sucker on this one way trip.

Bill Hicks, he not only knew, he also made no bones about telling us when he said here is my final point, what business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, or take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet and for those out there who are having a little moral dilemma in your head how to answer that question I will answer it for you, none of your f*****g business!

(Bill, Frank R.I.P. the world is less without you, but the message lives on)

I think we all know it instinctively but few of us live it. Governments and religions do not want you to exercise this right; they want control over you. Individuals do not want you to exercise this freedom because we all desire to control as much of the world as possible. Finally you, do you really want this freedom, or does the fear of the responsibility that goes with it stop you from exercising this innate right? Power cannot be taken away, it can only be given away.
Do you give yours to the government, the church, your boss, your partner, or someone else? Do you give it away by trying to take somebody elses? If you insist on giving away your rights over your body then give them to me, just work hard for as much money as you can get, then send me all your money and do my bidding, when you are ready to accept your freedom and responsibility just stop giving it to me or anybody else. Only you can do it.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A461675

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more