Original quotes parodied in Peregrin's Election Speech

0 Conversations

My election speech, in case you hadn't realised, was entirely composed of famous lines from famous people in famous speeches, with a few minor modifications!

Here are the original quotes:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure.

- Abraham Lincoln
Print is the sharpest and the strongest weapon of our party.

- Joseph Stalin
Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world: 'We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls.'

- Sir Winston Churchill
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

- John F Kennedy
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the British Empire and Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

- Sir Winston Churchill
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

- Martin Luther King Jr
All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players.

They have their exits and their entrances,

And one man in his time plays many parts.


- William Shakespeare
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.

- William Shakespeare
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi! From every mountainside, let freedom ring.


- Martin Luther King Jr
I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

- Sir Winston Churchill
One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

- Neil Armstrong
This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

- Sir Winston Churchill

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A442270

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more