An amazing spectacle.

0 Conversations

I sit at my desk contemplating the days events when a golden beam of light falls across my computer keyboard. At first i pay no attention and continue reading my e-mails and other correspondance. All of a sudden the golden beam changes to a rich coppery red, I look out of my window to see the most spectacular sunset. The sky is a rich deep purple which is augmented by a narrow bronze band just above the horizon, below this there was the merest hint of jade green. I reach for my camera to preserve this spectacle. I take aim and "click" the fake shutter noise sounds, i check how the picture looks on the display screen. It looks not even half as spectacular as its real life counterpart. I take aim again hoping for a better picture but alas the camera cannot capture the subtle colours or the way it is all so beautifuly contrasted against the trees. I sigh and turn back to my computer screen with a smile on my face. The pictures that my camera takes may never match seeing it firsthand, but they could serve as a useful reminder for days when the sun has failed to shine or when I am feeling a little under the weather myself.

I tell a friend about the spectacle I had witnessed, "but it was just a sunset" came the bored reply. To me though it was so much more than a sunset, just as being outside whilst it is snowing is more than just being snowed on. These little moments of sheer wonder and awe serve as reminders as to how lucky I am to be able to enjoy the sights i see every day. As long as I can remember the beauty of a sunset or the wonder and awe of walking whilst it is snowing I know that I will always have something to smile about no matter how small.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A43944438

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more