Cow Tipping

5 Conversations

Cow tipping was a bizzare phenomena that reached a peak in populariy in the late 1990's. Cow tipping consisted of people, usually bored teens and preteens living near farming communities, pushing over sleeping cows. Since cows sleep standing up, the tipped cows would go simply from their standard vertical position to horzontal. The cow would either stay asleep on the ground or wake as it lands with a thud. Supposedly, the cow tippers found entertainment in watching the stunned and unhappy cow's reaction.

A sudden surge in the popularity of this passtime led to many news reports and, for a short time, recieved much attention from concerned animal rights groups. Many farmers featured in the news reports commented that the cows weren't seriously injured, just greatly bothered. However, the increased publicity raised many concerns and complaints about cows being hurt or even killed were reported. As a result, various regions have determined this activity to be a felony.

The popularity of cow tipping has remained with certain groups and many webpages, easily reached by search engines, have been created, with a particular focus on techniques for tipping cows and perfectly legal "virtual" cow tipping.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A432613

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more