Scared Weird Little Guys

0 Conversations

While Australia has had many talented exports in the music industry, one talented group has consistently been ignored.

The Scared Weird Little Guys, or the Scardies, have been at the forefront of Australian Comedy Music since 1990. With such hits as "Volvo Man" and "30 Seconds", they have a huge following in not just Melbourne, but the entirety of Australia.

However, they don't just play in Australia. The Scaredies have done over 15 trips to America (where they play at college campuses, festivals and comedy clubs), and are often to be seen around the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. In fact, The Scardies have garnered many awards, including the best Comedy Act on US Campuses (NACA) 2 years in a row (1994-95), and the Best Variety Act (COCA) 2 years in a row (1995-96).

The Scardies have brought out relatively few CDs in their time. "Bloody Jeff" (as in Jeff Kennett, former Victorian Premier), "Scared", and "The Macadamia" have all been successful. Their latest album, "Live at 42 Walnut Crescent", is the biggest album yet, containing 26 different songs and sketches.

While many may doubt their abilities, The Scardies are actual song-writers. With the exception of 2 songs on "Live at 42 Walnut Crescent", every song was written and performed by them. Also, they hold the World record for the shortest time taken to compose, arrange, record, manufacture, package, ship and sell a CD. (which is 1 hour, 34 minutes and 33 seconds). The World record was done as a stunt on the now defunct Aussie variety show, "Hey Hey! It's Saturday"

So, in all, the Scared Weird Little Guys are one of the best comedy bands in Australia Today. Who knows? They might just be playing at your town!

For those who want a bit more information, their official website is http://www.melbourne.net/scared

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A432299

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more