Fried Bologna

2 Conversations

Bologna is a processed food made up of beef, pork, turkey, chicken, other meats or a combination of any or all of these types of meat parts. (Nutritional information: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?bologna) Cold bologna by itself can be somewhat uncomfortable to eat. It generally must be “doctored” up a bit. A good cold bologna sandwich may consist of white bread, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, pickles, alfalfa sprouts, and maybe some black olives. Really it is up to the consumer what items are placed on the sandwich and how much the taste of cold bologna needs to be hidden.

An alternate way to eat bologna it to fry it up in a skillet. Some old timers, who have lived during some financially troubled times, used to fry up some bologna and maybe add a bit of ketchup. This was a tasty meal for the family who was on a tight budget. Splurging once in awhile, they would actually put this on some bread. More recently, college students who are also on a tight budget have enjoyed the benefits of fried bologna.


Directions for making fried bologna:
Over medium heat, place about a tablespoon of butter in the skillet/frying pan. Once the butter is melted and the bottom of the skillet is coated, carefully place the bologna slice in the pan. WARNING: The stove and the frying pan are hot! Brown both sides. You may see the center of the bologna slice bubble up. Do not be alarmed. It should not explode. I think. This is based on some basic scientific principles that will not be discussed at this time. The cooking time is about 2 to 4 minutes. Using a fork and not your fingers, take out the fried bologna and place it on a plate. It will be somewhat greasy. You may want to place it on a paper towel to soak up some of the grease. Now use whatever else you want to eat with it. Bread and ketchup may be a good choice, but that is up to you. Enjoy!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A430930

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more